Saturday, November 28, 2009

Feeling inspired by: Plates and Cups

I love eating/drinking out of good design. The unusual or beautiful adds to my taste experience. The best cup of tea is always out of my Grandmother's hand painted, teeny tiny china cups. "It just tastes better", I'd tell my mother as a child. She was annoyed that she couldn't put it in the dishwasher. "Just drink out of a normal cup for Godsakes". Instead I continued to annoy her with my "being particular" about what I consumed out of or on. To me, eating and drinking are as much about visuals as they are about tastes. That being said, if someone talks about corpses while I'm eating, it ruins it for me. I'm not "sensitive", I just visualize well and I'd like to be 100% in the experience, not trying to block out gross imagery.

I'd eat and drink off these anyday.




I Just LOVE these Sailor Map Plates. Swoon.





No comments:

Post a Comment